Droid Secret Tips shares tips and secrets on how to use your Android (“Droid”) phone or tablet and push it to the limit. Available on all Android devices running 1.6 or higher (which is about 99% of devices on the market).
Now available in English and Spanish!
See it in action – See a video here of Droid Secret Tips showing some of the features. Or, head on over to the Amazon Appstore for a live demo that you can use before installing to your phone!
Also check out Droid Secret Tips Pro, which includes advanced tips, no ads, and additional features.
Get Droid Secret Tips from Google Play:
Also available from
Supercharge your Android phone or tablet with Droid Secret Tips and gain access to tips and secrets about how to use the Droid and other Android devices. Find out how to make your phone run faster, tweak the preferences, and find features you never knew existed. Find new Android apps that fit your needs, and get the most out of the apps you already use.
This “Android how to” resource is packed with knowledge to help you investigate and learn about parts of Android that you never knew existed with secrets and instructions dug up from all over the internet. It’s time to master your Droid!
There are already over 100 Android tips in this how-to app, with many more on the way. The database of Droid tips is frequently updated, and the updated tips are downloaded automatically. You can search for something specific, or flip through the tips by experience level.
New features and updates are frequently being released, so be sure to turn on automatic updating or come back to check for updates often.
Most of these tips are for all versions of Android, but a few may not apply to older versions of Android before 2.0. Tablet-specific tips for Android 3.0 are in the works.
This app and all Android tips are in English and Spanish.
The internet and network permissions are required to download the tips. The phone state permission is required for ads, which support this free version. Any other permission previously required for ads have been removed.
- First release.
- Added ads and updated layouts. Fixed landscape mode.
- More fixes for landscape mode.
- Fixed a bug preventing new tips from downloading
- Removed title bar to make room for tip text.
- Tweaked text size to not run over the button.
- Speed up orientation change
- The official 1.0 version is now available! Major upgrades have been made, so check it out!
- Implemented several user requests.
- Added ability to go forward and backwards through tips
- Separated tips into 3 levels – Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced
- Better performance when switching between portrait and landscape mode
- Fixed rare issue where failure to download tips caused app to crash
- Added menu options
- Fixed bug preventing some of the downloaded tips from loading
- Added long-press option to copy text to clipboard, email, or forward by text message
- Doubled number of tips since version 1.0
- Added Preferences menu
- Added ability to only show new tips since version 1.0
- Added dialog to show that tips were being downloaded.
- Made a few changes to reduce loading time
- Added requested feature from pro version: search capability
- Added ‘Submit a request’ menu option
- Updated to use new icon from Spiderfly Studios
- Minor spelling corrections and bugfixes
- Fixed an uncommon crash when changing orientation during progress dialog
- Removed the permission to view tasks/running apps (previously needed for ads)
- Minor interface updates (e.g. search box)
- Fixed a crash when tips can’t be loaded
- Increased loading speed for all versions
- Added Spanish language support (app and tips). Now English and Spanish are fully supported.
- Fixed a crash when network can’t be found or queried (such as on WiFi-only tablets)
- Moved all tips into main app, so download is not required (to speed up loading). New tips will be added into main app at each release, rather than needing to be downloaded.
- Enabled search directly from the search button
- Added preference to invert colors (black text on white background)
- Added welcome screen on first run to help users select a tip category
- Fixed a crash when moving to a previous tip that doesn’t exist.
- Switched to beginner tips automatically when new user selects that level on welcome screen
- Added preference to override system language setting within Droid Secret Tips
- Updated tips database (new tips and a few corrections)
- Fixed bug when sending email with no email client installed
- Fixed a force-close that occurred after changing the preferences
- Fixed an issue with the legacy tips file
- Additional fixes to help prevent rare crashes
- Big update to tips database (new tips, corrections, etc.)
- A few tweaks for stability (let us know if you still have any trouble!)
- Made another tweak for stability.
- Updated tip lists.
- Added more tips
- Minor updates to ensure stability
- fix to ensure tip text doesn’t cover buttons
- Added a several more tips, including some for ICS (Android 4.0)
- Added more tips!
- Added more tips
- Removed phone state permission
- Reduced app size
- Cleanup and bug fixes
- Added Jellybean (Android 4.1) tips
- Stopped text from resizing too small after search
- Stopped showing forwarding options that aren’t available on device (e.g. SMS)
- Fixed button size for smaller screens
- Immediately change language when changed in preferences screen
- Added more tips!
For questions, email us at DroidSecretTips@SimplifyNowSoftware.com